Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Kanadian" & Chicken and Veggie Roll-ups

Today's CFR workout was from last year's CrossFit Games Qualifiers in Calgary.
AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
  • 10 Wall Ball - 14lbs
  • 10 Box Jumps - 20"
  • 10 Deadlifts - 145lbs
  • 10 Burpees
3 rounds + 10 wall ball + 10 box jumps + 6 deadlifts
This workout was, well, really hard. We followed the Calgary standards:
  • Wall ball MUST touch the 10 foot line
  • You must have your feet all the way on the box for box jumps
  • You can not drop the deadlifts
  • Chest must touch floor on burpees and jump up with arms straight up by ears.
The reps did count unless you followed the standards. The wall ball was by far the hardest part. I kept getting short of the line. We had two heats so one would count for the other. Malia was my counter and the first thing I heard was, "Julie, you're a little short." I respond back, "Everyone always says that!" Kelly said she had a good laugh. Anyways, because I didn't hit the line, they never counted. I must've had to redo half of my wall ball. I least I know what I need to work on. Whatever, I got my star (rx'd)!
Thanks for counting for me, Malia. I don't think you're the devil. :)
I should also mention that CFR raised $610 for Haiti...so far! They are taking donations until Wednesday. The Canadian government removed their cap and so has CFR. Hopefully we can get more donations!!
Paul made this for supper on Sunday night. I recommend it to everyone. We also had some asparagus on the side. The sauce was pretty much mayonnaise. We recommend using just one cup of olive oil instead of one and half. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing. It was delish! The link has some better pictures than the one I have. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Great job on the * last night Julie! I have my chicken veggie roll-ups in the oven right now! Can't wait to try it. Anything wrapped in bacon has to be tastey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are awesome, Kelly! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were awesome! That sauce is amazing. The kids were getting annoyed with me b/c they took longer than my normal meal prep (they ate bacon and other left-overs while I worked away), but all the more for me! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah they do take some time to make but it's well worth the wait! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete