Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"Annie"

The WOD at CFR was "Annie Ladder".
50-40-30-20-10-20-30-40-50 reps of:
  • Double-unders
  • Abmat Sit-ups
We did this at the base in Moose Jaw. We brought a couple abmats and parallettes for handstand push-ups. Yep, we brought a gym to the gym.
Double-unders are one of my weaknesses. A double-under is when you are skipping, you spin the jump rope twice in one jump. I was able to crank them out a couple months ago in a warm up. However, when it was finally time to actually doing them in a workout, I lost them. In the past couple months, I would work on them in my warm ups. I wouldn't be able to get one.
One day, Paul recommended I try using one of the bigger ropes instead of the speed rope and work on single skips until I got my rhythm back. I used the ropes at CFR and was able to get one. On Sunday, I was finally able to do single-double-single skips. I was pretty excited.
Tonight, I used Paul's old rope which he called "the magic rope". The first 50 and 40 double-unders were difficult. I had to get use to the rope as it's heavier than the other ropes I've used. I finally got my groove going the 30 reps. I was pretty happy. I think I was in my 30 sit-ups, when Paul finished in under (sub) 16 minutes. Jerk. That's right I said it. Anyways, since my double-unders needed work, I or we, thought I should do "Annie" because I don't have a time for that benchmark girl. It's 50-40-30-20-10 without the ascending reps. I finally finished with a time of 21:16 as rx'd for "Annie". I was really proud of myself for finally finishing a workout with double-unders. I guess I'll have to thank Paul for giving me his "magic rope". It definitely was magic.
After the met-con, Paul and I worked on handstand push-ups on the parallettes. Well, he worked on negative handstand push-ups and I worked on handstands on the parallettes. We did 8 reps and on my last rep I did a negative.
To end off, I was quite happy with my results. Yay, double-unders!

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing the difference a different rope can make. I think it's time for me to invest in a speed rope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The magic rope" is slower. It seems to be working so far. Except my forearms were starting to get sore because the handles were heavier.

    ReplyDelete