Saturday, January 23, 2010

Paleo Pizza & "Loonies for Haiti"

We made a paleo pizza tonight. It was really good. We got the idea from Hardcore Ange and the recipe from here. We ground up the almonds in a coffee grinder and our toppings were pepperoni, Italian sausage, mushrooms, green peppers, caramelized onions and goat cheese. I was nervous about the goat cheese because I hadn't tried it before. Thankfully, it just tasted like cream cheese.
After the pizza digested, I did the CFR WOD, "Loonies for Haiti":
  • 200 Push-ups for time (I did intermediate which was 150)
  • Everytime you take a break, you need to do 20 squats (intermediate=15) and donate $1
I incorporated day 3 of week 2 of 100 push-up challenge into the workout. Here was my rep scheme:
  • Push-up Challenge: 16-17-14-14-(10-12)
  • Remaining sets: 11-11-11-11-10-9-4
25:19 & $12
I wasn't able to do a max of 20 push-ups for the final set of the challenge but I never did take the full 2 minute rest and did do squats in between.
This was a great idea. However much money everyone donated today, CFR was going to match up to $500. Plus the government will match the total donation. So far on the CFR website, $428.65 has been raised. Don't ask me where $0.65 came from. There are still people who have to do the WOD. Hopefully, CFR will reach the goal of $500.

No comments:

Post a Comment