Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So it begins...

I'm a day behind because of nights but it's my last one. Yay!! Back to the real world with some sunlight!

Monday's workout was day one of phase one for the competition team. We focused mainly on snatch skill work tonight. I partnered up with Tiff, which is great because we are at pretty much the same fitness level except for running. I'm no where close to her on that.
  • 3 Position Snatch (Floor-Knee-Thigh) @ 60% - 45lbs x 4
  • Snatch Balance 1-1-1-1
    45-55-65-65 (Didn't squat low enough on the first 65lb attempt so I repeated it)
  • Snatch High Pull @ 95% -75lbs 3x3
  • Romanian Deadlift @ 65lbs 3x8

This was the first time I've tried a romanian deadlift. It's different. Basically, when you have the bar on the ground, you are bent over with your bum sticking out. As Tiff quoted Shae tonight, "it's a stripper deadlift".

Then came the mini-metcon (met=metabolic, con=conditioning),
"Heavy Jackie"
  • 1K row
  • 30 Push Press @ 75lbs
  • 15 Pull-ups
17:12

Robin called it "Short and Heavy Jackie". It definitely wasn't short for me. The rx'd weight for women was an 85lbs push press. I tried it...no way could I do 30 of them. Tried 75lbs...felt alright. I could do it. By the time I actually got to the push presses, 75lbs was a lot heavier than I should have done. I was able to do it in sets of 2s but halfway through I had to do it one at a time. Aaron told me these mini-metcons are supposed to be 5-10 minutes in length. In order for me to achieve this, I need to scale down my weight. I should have dropped the weight even more to 65lbs. I probably could have been able to do my push presses in sets of 5s. Side note, always put your head back a bit when doing push press. I pushed the bar into my chin part way through the workout. Not a pleasant feeling.

I didn't get my star today but that's alright. It was a good first day back. Today's workout, double-unders...ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment