Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Take A Number" and One Week of Paleo

Because I didn't do the mini-metcon on Friday, I decided to do the workout today.
AMRAP in 10 minutes of:
  • 10 Front Squats @ 65lbs
  • 10 Pull-ups
4 rounds + 10 front squats (Man that sucked. I did this at the same time as BrianB. Not someone you want to try and keep up with. He pretty much did this on the minute.)
Rest 5 minutes.
AMRAP in 5 minutes of:
  • 10 Jumping Lunges
  • 10 Push-ups
4 rounds + 10 jumping lunges + 5 push-ups
As always, my push-ups need some work. I was going to start my 100 push-ups program last Monday but something stopped me. Tomorrow will be the day I start. I did the first three weeks last November and it seemed to really help. In "Angie", I was able to break up my push-ups into sets of 5 until rep 60 or 65. I didn't need to do single push-ups until the final 8. Here is a link to the program if anyone may be interested:
One Week of Paleo
Today is officially one week of strict paleo. I actually started on New Years but I had a coffee with cream and sugar on one of my nights. But right after I went strict paleo. So far so good. I haven't felt weak. There were a couple times when I was still hungry after a meal but it was bearable.
When I tried to go paleo back in June, I was tired and weak all the time. I don't think I lasted a week. This time, I've been eating reasonably healthy in the past couple months so the transition hasn't been too terrible. Even over Christmas, I never felt I ate too much or too unhealthy. Except for the two a day lattes.
I haven't had to cut too much from my diet. There were some times when I've had a craving for some non-paleo food but it doesn't last very long. It seems to be going well for me so far. Well, except for the dreams I've been having. Is it normal to be dreaming about eating cereal and pizza?

1 comment:

  1. I dream about pizza. It's normal. Somebody else back me up here.

    ReplyDelete