Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Balboa"

Saturday,

Day 3 of Week 1 of 100 Push-up Challenge

11-15-9-9-13 (2 minute rest between sets)
I did all but the 13 reps unbroken. So far so good.

Today,
"Balboa"
4 rounds for time:
  • 100 Single Skips
  • 400m Run (The lane I was running in ended up being approximately 430m.)
  • 20 Burpees
29:00

It was actually supposed to be 10 body blasters (burpee-pullup-knees to elbow) but I didn't have access to a pull-up bar near the track. Christine recommended this workout to me. She did it with Nick yesterday at the fieldhouse. She was right. It was pretty tough and it's all cardio. I even tried to pace myself through it but I still tired out really quickly. I wanted to stop at round 2. I did, however, do this right after a night shift.

I actually ran the entire 400m, no walking. I broke up the burpees into 5s except in round three where I was able to break it up into 6-7-4-3. I decided to do a cool down and stretch my legs. I really need to do that more often.

After the WOD, I met up with Christine to relax in the hot tub. CFR really needs to get one of these. So relaxing. After the soak, Christine and I went for Sunday brunch at the West Harvest Inn. It was the more wiser choice than Denny's or Smitty's. Great suggestion. I was able to pick my own food and stay paleo. Thanks for a great start...I mean end to the day, Christine. I will sleep well in my cave today. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Julie. The West Harvest Inn has a pretty good brunch. I can't stand to eat at the other two places either.

    I do like the blog. I really prefer these blogs that have a work out and then a little tidbit about how people are feeling/what they are up to. Especially the people I don't get to see very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time Jules... thanks for the date!

    ReplyDelete