Monday, March 1, 2010

Back Squats

I took the weekend off hoping my quad would heal. I did 10 wall ball as a part of my warmup.
Back Squats 80% x 5x3
125lbs
Unfortunately, I was only able to do one set. Harlan and Leya suggested I not continue with the back squats and just use the foam roller until I was ready to do the metcon.
I modified the deadlift from 185lbs and 24" box jumps to double-unders:
15-12-9 reps of:
  • Deadlifts - 125lbs
  • Double-unders x2
  • Ring Dips
11:26
I did all the deadlifts unbroken. Double-unders probably weren't the best idea for my injury. I was part way through the first set and I would start to feel the pain. Ring dips felt really good. Leya and I got a good two minute rest because of a power outage. That was interesting. By the time Harlan, Leya and I found our phones for light, the power came back and luckily the timer paused and not reset itself. I was able to get a new max of 5 ring dips in my last 9 reps. The rest during the outage may have helped.
The new challenge for March is a push-up challenge. We are to do one push-up on day one, today, and add a push-up for each day. So, by the end of the month we should be doing 31 consecutive push-ups. Men are double, 62 consecutive. Harlan said I should do double. So I did. I am making sure I always do chest to floor with this challenge.
Because of my injury, I am now limited to what I can do. I was actually looking forward to the WOD tomorrow because it was one of the first workouts I did when I first started CrossFit except I did 30 reps instead of the required 50. There's always next time. Instead, I'm either taking another rest day or will do a metcon that doesn't require stress on my quad.

No comments:

Post a Comment