Friday, February 26, 2010

Clean & Jerk and "OPT Chipper"

Clean & Jerk 85% x 1, 90% x 1, 95% x 1
90-95-100
The last lift felt really great. Front squat felt a little heavy but doable. The jerk felt awesome. Didn't feel any struggle at all. I see a potential C&J PR on Monday.
"OPT Chipper"
  • 30 Wall Ball - 14lbs
  • 80 Double-Unders
  • 20 Bell Swings - 45lbs
  • 30 Toes to Bar
  • 50 Walking Lunges
  • 50 Pull-ups
  • 20 Burpees
24:10
Didn't take the star on this one. I went with a lighter weight for the bell swings. I attempted 55lbs and that was not happening this time. Wall ball felt great. I'm usually only able to do three or four in a row and lose the rhythm. I finally found the rhythm. Now I just need my strength and endurance to be with me. Double-unders weren't as bad as this time since I got to use the magic rope. I was able to string together five or six DU at times. I was still slow but I got them. Must be the rope.
Toes to bar need work. In the middle of the set, Shae tried to give me some advice but I couldn't comprehend what he was saying at the time. I need to try and get my pull-ups back. I was only ever able to do eleven in a row once and have not been able to repeat that since. I continually lose my grip, even with chalk, after six. Butterfly kipping pull-ups are another option but again because I haven't done them in a while, I lost those too. Lots and lots to work on.
I work this weekend so no CrossFit for me. My quad hasn't been the same since we did our sprints last Saturday. I may have strained it a little. So no kind of exercise this weekend. I want my body to be well rested for the Olympic Total on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment