Monday, March 8, 2010

Back Squats and "Grace" attempt

Day 6 = 12 Push-ups
Day 7 = 14 Push-ups
I seem to have messed up my right shoulder after my warm-up and push-ups.
Back Squats 85% x 5x3
2 sets + 4 reps @ 130lbs
Trying to hold up that weight really bugged my shoulder. I just couldn't get back up after that very last rep.
I was going to attempt "Grace" with a really light weight but Harlan said he'd be happy if I just did 30 cleans, which I decided to do.
I used two different weights:
11 reps - 75lbs
19 reps - 63lbs
I had to drop the weight because of my shoulder. I'm not sure what to do. I really should rest it but I don't want to fall behind on the training. I did just recover from a strained quad as well. Sigh, I think I might have to take a full week off just to rehabilitate everything. Boo!!
I decided to go back on the Paleo wagon today. For the month of February, I went crazy with grains and dairy. They tasted good at first but I really didn't like the after effects of everything. I seem to always feel like crap after eating some sort of grain. Except for cereal. Cereal was great!! Anyways, I know I'm going to have to go through the second week slump again but I'll be better prepared for it. At least I'll know what to expect.
I almost forgot to mention my new Vibram Five Fingers. We went and picked them up this past weekend in Saskatoon. I tried mine on there and found my right baby toe seemed to be too big. I figure it'll stretch out. I put them on again Saturday evening and was pretty disappointed because it wasn't getting any better. I didn't know what to do. Escape Sports was closed on Sunday so I couldn't try on a bigger pair. Plus, I didn't think it would make a difference if I got one size bigger if only one toe didn't fit. So, I wore them again on the trip back home.
It was still too tight but tonight I put them on before CrossFit and just maneuvered that toe part of the shoe and it felt a lot better. Put them back on at CFR, did the same thing and still felt better. Took them off for back squats and the toe didn't look all deformed. Yay!! They are the best. They are so cute. I don't know why I was so shocked at the size. I know I have small feet.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you rehab things completely before you attempt to resume regular weights. Shoulders can be a real bitch to rehab since they're such a complicated area with the ROM they're supposed to be able to handle.

    I'm a big believer in using bands to strengthen and fix shoulder issues. It's helped me recover much faster than I thought I would be able to.

    ReplyDelete