Sunday, February 21, 2010

Need update more often...

After two much needed rest days and a swim day, I was ready for some CrossFit. I'll start off with my swim on Thursday. I'm not much of a swimmer. I only took lessons as an adult in January 2009, but it is something I want to get better at. I actually get pretty nervous about being in water ever since I went snorkeling in the Dominican last April.

Anyways, I joined Christine for a swim after work. I forgot my goggles and thought I would be fine but I was never able to swim one length of the pool because I was always nervous about swimming into something. After Christine lent me her goggles for some laps and I remembered to breathe out underwater, it made a huge difference. I was able to swim one and a half lengths of the pool. I tend to lose my breath on the way back. I am definitely going to try and go more often.
  • 10 laps - front and back stroke
Friday, February 19:


  • Snatch 58% x 3, 83% x 2, 85 x 1x5
    46-66-68
  • Clean & Jerk 58% x 2, 78% x 1, 83% x 1x5
    61-82-87
Heavy Metcon:


5-4-3-2-1 reps of:


  • Power Cleans - 100lbs (80% BW)


  • Deadlifts - 188lbs (1.5 x BW)
6:05*

During the workout, I was getting pretty warm. Next time, take the pants off BEFORE the workout. Just stupid. I probably could've gotten sub 6 minutes. Those deadlifts sure were heavy!

70 double-unders *not consecutive

I added a video of me doing the last set of snatch skill work on youtube.com. The first one looks good. The rest look pretty sloppy.

Saturday, February 20:


CFR had a two a day workout planned for ComTeam. First WOD was at CFR:


  • 4 minutes Tabata Rowing - 80m


  • 4 minutes Tabata Push-ups - 5


  • 4 minutes "The Bear" Complex @ 75lbs - 2


  • 4 minutes "Fish Game" - 180/10 = 18
Total = 105

Tabata is 8 rounds of 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. Of those 8 rounds, our score ended up being the lowest number. I stayed pretty consistent with the rowing. I stopped doing the push-up challenge for a couple weeks and my push-ups didn't feel as strong. I'll try to go back to that eventually. I was consistent with the push-ups until the last three rounds when I just had nothing else in me.

"The Bear" complex is a sequence of exercises. The actual workout is 7 sets of the sequence for 5 rounds. You are only allowed to let go of the bar between rounds not sets. We just had to do the complex. Power cleans and front squats were fine but as soon as the push press came, I had nothing left. It took me maybe five tries before I finally was able to jerk it up.

"Fish Game" is on the rower. Your fish is at the bottom of the screen and depending on how fast you row, determines the position of the fish on the screen. The point of the game is to eat the fish smaller than you and avoid being eaten by the big sharks. So the faster you row, your fish moves to the top of the screen. When you stop rowing, your fish slowly moves down the screen. There was a glitch on my rower. It was fine until the last two minutes of the game. I would do one pull on the rower and my fish would shoot straight to the top. I would stop rowing but my fish would not move down the screen. While people were getting a score of anything from 600 to 1200, I get a score of 180.

Second WOD was sprints at the fieldhouse. We weren't timing ourselves but this was our workout:


  • 100m sprints @ 80% x 5


  • 400m brisk run


Sunday, February 21:


It was my first time wall climbing at the Science Centre. I really liked it. I may have only gotten half way up, approximately 30 ft, but I still had fun. I actually got really nervous because I couldn't figure out the next way to go up.

1 comment:

  1. Yea that's....BABY Can swim too,not just an average GHETTO Beast

    ReplyDelete