Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Back Squats and Deadlifts

My hands were pretty torn up from "Groundhog Fran" yesterday and I didn't want to miss any strength work. So I taped up my hands and was ready to go.
  • Back Squats 3-3-3 @ 88-91%
    135-138-141
  • Back Squats 1-1-1 @ 92-94%
    143-145-147
  • Deadlift x 5
    185-205(2)
The WOD also included pull-ups but I thought it was a good idea to give my hands a break.
After the Paleo weight loss, I thought I was also going to lose a little strength as well. As I was doing the back squats, I felt strong. I wanted to try 150 for my last single but Robin suggested I stay with what's planned. I think Paleo may be the way to go. I may not be strict but I'm going to try my best. I would like my occasional latte.

3 comments:

  1. I missed latte's the most too when I went strict paleo. My everyday cheat/allowance now is whipping cream in my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The latte tasted good today. I didn't have any issues today. My stomach made some noises that's it. Leah/Leya, I forgot which one, said it hits the next day.

    ReplyDelete