Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine and Burpee WOD

Saturday, February 13:
Paul and I partnered up and did "Partner Helen" with Steve and Carmen.
"Partner Helen"
12 rounds for time:
  • 250m Row
  • 11 Bell Swings - 35lbs
  • 6 Pull-ups
35:28*

That was pretty fun. 25lbs was rx'd for women today but 'Helen' is actually 35lbs so I opted for that. I'm glad I used that weight. I did one bell swing and it almost went over my head. It felt light. It was awesome. I think I might start using 40 or 45lbs for bell swings now. Work my way up to the 55lb kettlebell.

Sunday, February 14:
Robin used my burpee WOD as the CFR workout today. I was so excited to see a workout I created on the blog. Of course, I had to do it.
"Where Did All The Regular Burpees Go?"
5 rounds for time:
16:15*

It's exactly 8 weeks from today that I did this WOD. My time in December was 21:40. Sure the bodyweight deadlifts were a little lighter than the last time but that's still a big improvement. Next time, rx'd inverted burpee. I practiced a kip-up before I did the WOD. I was really close a bunch of times and was actually able to get one but that was it. Something else to work on. :) HUA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment