Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snatch & "54321"

Snatch 85% x 1, 90% x 1, 95% x 1
68-72-76F
Didn't have the final snatch in me. Traps are pretty sore from yesterday's WOD.
"54321" From Mid-Western Sectional
  • 5 Minutes Rowing for Calories
  • 4 Minutes of Box Jumps - 20"
  • 3 Minutes of Hang Squat Snatch - 45lbs
  • 2 Minutes of Wall Ball - 14lbs
  • 1 Minute of Handstand Push-ups - 2 Purple Bands
65 cal + 42 box jumps + 10 Snatch + 12 WB + 3 HSPU = 132
Rowing felt good and consistent. After I tripped on the first box jump and regained composure, I was able to break them up into 5s. The snatches were definitely the most difficult part of the workout. I felt I lost my form. I don't know if it was because we didn't start from the bottom or if we just did heavy snatches before the met-con. I actually dropped the bar on my head on one rep. Wall ball felt alright. It's not one of my strong points. Another thing I have to work on. I did my three HSPUs then came down to rest. After that, I couldn't get back into a handstand.
I think I should really start my warm-ups with the exercises that I am weak in. The only way to improve is to practice.
Tomorrow is a rest day. Not looking forward to Friday...double-unders. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment