Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Double-Under Fran

21-15-9 reps of:
  • Thrusters - 65lbs
  • Pull-ups
  • Double-unders x2 (i.e. 1st round - 42)
I wasn't too happy with this workout. I got really frustrated with my double-unders. I'm normally pretty calm when it comes to practically anything. My coworkers are surprised when I've had a busy day and I have not fallen apart. I know that more mistakes are made when you overreact, so I try to be calm when it gets crazy.
I lost my cool today at CFR. I was the last one. I was in the middle of my second round of double-unders and was only able to do one at a time. I got so frustrated, I swore, threw the rope on the ground, and walked away. I eventually finished. I was not happy. I did the WOD as rx'd but took my time off the white board.
I did not want to talk to anyone but Nolan stopped me. He told me he was very proud of me for finishing. He said my pull-ups and thrusters were awesome. He said, I may have struggled with the double-unders but I did really well with 3/4 of the workout. He said he knows it's frustrating but at least I know what to work on.
Christine also told me she was very proud of me for not giving up and that most people would've have quit. I wanted to quit but I knew I couldn't because I wouldn't let myself quit. I knew I would beat myself up if I DNF'd.
After hearing some encouraging words, I decided to let it go. I may continually struggle with double-unders but at least I know what I need to work on. Paul said doing double-unders as a part of 'Fran' isn't easy in the first place. I just don't know what happens. I am able to do them as a warm-up but as soon as they are in a workout, I must panic. I have to learn to relax. It make take a really long time but I will get them eventually. At least this time I didn't rip my hands up. This time I just have lashes on my right arm and a bruise on my left hand from the double-unders.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ghetto,
    You have made PHENOMENAL gains in such a short time...DU's are only a tiny piece of a much larger Crossfit picture and I am sure you will be OWNING them in no time! WAY TO GO!
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job finishing Julie. I DNF's on the Filthy 50 once b/c I couldn't get throught the 50 DU's at the end. I was so mad, I just quit, went into the bathroom, changed my clothes and left without saying anything to anyone. Looking back, I should have just stuck it out and put up with a not so stellar white board time. Evil evil whiteboard... and evil, evil DU's. You'll get 'em. Way to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouraging words ladies. Kelly, I also left without really talking to anyone too. I wouldn't have talked to Nolan but he wouldn't let me leave without talking.

    Thanks again. I do hope to get them someday.

    ReplyDelete