Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hero, Olympic Lifting and Resting

Monday was a busy day for me when it comes to exercise. Good thing it was a holiday. Started off the day with watching CFR doing the hero 'Stephen' WOD that Paul picked. It looked like it hurt but I enjoy workouts that involve the core and back muscle groups. I decided to do the workout with Paul and Shae after the 10 and 11 classes were done. What was I thinking? Going up with a couple of the elite CrossFitters of Regina.

"Stephen"
30-25-20-15-10-5 reps of:
  • GHD Sit-ups
  • Back Extensions
  • Knees-To-Elbows(K2E)/Knee Raises
  • Stiff-Leg Deadlift - 65lbs
37:33
Wow. That was really hard. The hardest part of this workout were the K2E. The first one would be a knee raise, then I would get enough momentum to get my elbows once or maybe twice. Oh well, something to work on.
Setting the GHD also took time. I just found out that the back extensions had to be a further distance than sit-ups. This is because if the front of the pad was not placed on the iliac crest for the back extensions, we end up doing hip extensions. We each had our own GHD. I took the old one and I had trouble setting and resetting the machine.
This sure made me nauseous after I was done. I'm not much of a amusement park ride person so all the up and down motion really got to me. Paul and I went to Safeway for lunch and I could barely eat. On my way home, I let out a huge burp and that seemed to make me feel a little better. :)
I decided to join Robin and Christine at the fieldhouse at 3:30 and watched them do their sprints. I almost wanted to join them but I don't think my stomach would've let me. I only went to join them in the hot tub after. The hot tub always feels great after a workout. Wish I had my own one day.
I went to Moose Jaw right after the hot tub to join Paul and Jaron for some Olympic lifting at Unparalled with Jamie Jamieson. I really enjoyed it there. Not only because I was the first woman to break into their new womens oly bar that they bought 5 months ago but because they gave us some tips that will help us with setting PRs.
Lots of work on the body but it was a great day. I haven't slept that well in a long time.
Tuesday was a much needed rest day. When I woke up, my throat was feeling a little scratchy. I drank some water and that seemed to help a little. On my way to work, I started coughing. I think I may have over done it on Monday. It sure didn't sound healthy. I really don't want to get sick. Woke up today and it didn't sound nor did I feel any better. I'd really like to do the ComTeam WOD but I think I'll see how I'm feeling later in the day.

1 comment: