Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Snow Is Here To Stay

Today was such a gloomy day. First full snow day and it looks like it's here to stay. Boo. Oh well, it is Saskatchewan, Canada. What is there to do to stay warm?
CrossFit! Get your heads out of the gutter. WOD is overhead squats and an AMRAP (as many rounds as possible).

Last week, we did sets of 5s and 3s. Today was 3s and singles. I wanted to get a PR on both.
OHS 3-3-3-1-1-1
80-85!(PR)-90(2)-92!-93!-95!

Woohoo. PR for all my singles. I was really close for the 3s. My last rep of the 90lbs, I lost it on the way back up. I had taped my wrists impropery for the second set. After I readjusted for the third, it still didn't feel right. So, I decided to finally use my wrist wraps for my second attempt at 90 for 3s. As soon as I jerked it, an uncomfortable sensation went down my left wrist and I couldn't hold up the bar. I felt I couldn't continue. My wrist didn't feel good with the wraps on.

I wanted to continue with singles without using the wraps and tape. I got three PRs. My wrists felt great. I was pretty nervous and probably should have stopped, but I really wanted to try 95lbs. Right now, my left wrist does feel a little sore. I'll see how it is in the AM.

Metcon:
AMRAP in 10 minutes of:
3 Handstand Push-ups - subbed 6 elevated knee push-ups
5 Deadhang Pull-ups
7 Knees to Elbows

4 rounds + 6 push-ups + 3 pull-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment