Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Night of PRs

After a crappy couple day of overloading on carbs, I thought it was time for a workout. Why not see if paleo/primal has helped my training?
CrossFit Regina's WOD was 12 ring dips (to be done in 10 minutes); 3-5 second front levers x5; and 'Christine'. I wasn't feeling to good from all the bread I've been eating so I didn't want to do a met-con. I started with a quick warm-up and went right on to the ring dips. I was hoping to do it in two sets of sixes. I didn't do two sets of sixes...I did 11 (PR) and 1. My previous PR was 6 (not recorded). I tried so hard to get all 12 but I gased out. Oh well, 11 is still good. :)

I still didn't feel like doing 'Christine'. The first heat just took off. I kept pushing off a met-con. I finally made a decision to do 'Mini Cindy'. It was 4:30 into the clock. I started at 5.

'Mini Cindy'
AMRAP in 10 minutes of:
3 Dead Hang Pull-ups
6 Push-ups
9 Squats

8 rounds + 2 pull-ups (PR from 6+3+2 October 4)

Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I have been in a met-con drought. I think I am going to have to follow your lead

    ReplyDelete