Saturday, November 20, 2010

Loving the New Life...

...Life of PRs. I like strength days. Well, now that I'm getting PRs again, I like them. The last two days, I was able to get PRs in exercises that I haven't worked on for almost a year.

Friday, went to CFR for push press and weighted pull-up. Very excited for these. I haven't tested my push press max since last November. My dead hangs feel strong and I haven't done too many weighted pull-ups. I didn't really know what to expect.

Push Press 5-5-5 3-3-3
55-65-75!  85!-90(2)-90(2)

My single max rep is 95. Hoping for higher next week!



Weighted Pull-ups 5-5-5
2.5-5!-7.5(3)

Not as much as this guy but I was happy with it. :)

Then, 30 toes to bar in as few sets as possible. 6 sets of 5 because I didn't want to rip my hands.




Today, I joined the 3-a-day people for the clean & jerk portion, attempt a single max in 10 minutes.

Clean & Jerk 1-1-1
105-110!-115!

KimFly and I wanted to warm up with 95lbs before the 10 minutes started. It felt so heavy to me. I couldn't understand. Then Kat pointed out that we were warming up with 105. :-/

Then, just for fun, I did 50 burpees for time: 5:14*

No comments:

Post a Comment