Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Overhead Squats and "No Name" (?) met-con

Overhead Squat
I kind of have a love/hate relationship with overhead squats. I love how they are a great exercise for your entire body. Your shoulders and core get such a great workout. This is how you get ripped. Hate them because I find it so hard on my dainty wrists (yeah, I said dainty). We were to do 3x5 and 3x3.
The 4 pm class was supposed to name the met-con but that didn't happen. I mentioned to Angdesj there was still no name. I think she wanted to call it "President's Choice" or the "No Name" brand at Superstore.
I hadn't done overhead squats for quite a while. Didn't want to push the weights considering my first set was 45lbs and it felt heavy. Here are my working sets:
  • 45-55-60-65-75-80
I was pretty happy considering my 3RM was 83 back in January. I felt I probably could've bumped it to 85 but like I said I didn't want to push it.

"No Name" (?)
3 rounds for time:
  • 5 Deadhang Pull-ups
  • 10 Push-up Burpees
  • 20 Bell Swings - 35lbs
  • 40 Double-unders
I did the first round in under 4 minutes but trying to start that second round with the pull-ups...sucked. My arms felt so weak. I had to do one pull-up at a time with alternating grip.
My proudest moment of this met-con was that I used the speed rope for the entire workout. I am pretty sure it was my first time doing that. I kept telling myself to be relaxed and again, it helped. I was so stoked.
Final time: 13:51* (When I left I had the second best female rx'd time so far. Sure it was out of two females...I've said too much)

No comments:

Post a Comment