Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekend!!

I had my usual weekend of no rest. On both days, it was just go, go, go. I might need a whole weekend of doing nothing...no, that would just be boring.

I had ultimate playoffs with Misled Youth most of the day on Saturday. It was a great day for ultimate. There was some wind but the sun was out so all is good. We lost our first game to Lucky Strike. We beat Spunkalicious and Geritol in the next two games. I believe our last game we won 13-6. Always better to end on a high note I think.

Right after ultimate, we went to CFR for an Olympic lifting workshop with Aaron, owner of CFR. I learned a lot, including to step away from the bar if you miss a lift. I was working on my snatch lift, I believe 62lbs. I made the lift the first time then I had Robin watch my form on the second lift. I don't think I get my upper body tight so I dropped the bar behind me. Unfortunately, it dropped on my lower back. It didn't feel good but it didn't hurt too much. So, I kept going. It didn't stop me. :)

Sunday, we ran some errands before our CFR session at 2PM. The perk for the Sunday coach is they get to pick the WOD. Shae was the coach. Shae is a great guy but he is intense when it comes to CrossFit. It's like he feels no pain. I was kind of nervous about what he had planned for us. He told us to get a dog...
"You Should Get A Dog"
For time:
10-8-6-4-2-4-6-8-10 reps of:

  • Clean & Jerk - 95lbs
  • Burpees with lateral jump over barbell

Finish with 30 Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups

47:43*

It took me a while but I was finally able to rx a workout again. AND this was my first time doing chest-to-bar pull-ups. I almost stopped at the first round of 6 reps. I think I was on rep 3 when I felt a pop in my lower back. It didn't feel good. I wanted to stop after the 2 reps but I kept going. I just wanted to finish. And I did!

It was nice having Paul and Chris there today. They were there the first time I was able to clean & jerk 95lbs!

2 comments:

  1. I only played two games on Saturday, but hurt all day Sunday. I'm impressed you could do a Shae workout the next day. Oh, to be young again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did pay a price though, Tyler. I am having a lot of problems today. My back is messed up. I'm really hurting.

    ReplyDelete