Sunday, June 13, 2010

Paleo and 1/2 "Michael"


Summer...it's a great time to have a BBQ and socialize with great friends. However, if you go to a BBQ at a friends who aren't paleo, it can be hard to stay paleo. Especially if the only paleo food is covered in sauce.

Paul and I went to a BBQ at Giles and Sonja's. Giles, Sonja and the other guests are not on paleo. I didn't want to be rude and tell them I couldn't eat any of the food they prepared for us. They had ribs (root beer and a balsamic sauce both homemade), corn on the cob, a warm blue cheese and potatoe salad and red wide. I ate everything. It tasted great!

Today's workout was "Michael"; three rounds of an 800m run, 50 back extensions and 50 glute-ham developer (GHD) sit-ups. I didn't want my fresh start to be a hero workout. So I did 1/2 "Michael" which I will call "Mikey".
3 rounds for time:
  • 400m Run
  • 25 Back Extensions
  • 25 Sit-ups
22:50

I'm not giving myself a star because I did 10 good mornings for the second and third round while waiting for a GHD. I couldn't find a great video for "Michael" but I added one on GHD sit-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment