Friday, June 4, 2010

X-Country Run, Snatch, Double-Unders and Burpees

Paul, Jaron and I decided we wanted to do all the individual workouts from Regionals.
Monday, May 31:
Paul mapped out an approximate 5K route in Moose Jaw that had steep hills and country running.  I didn't do the full 5K.  I took a week off and didn't think it was a good idea.  I decided to do just the hill parts which was approximately 3K.  The picture above is the steepest hill we ran.

18:25

Tuesday, June 1:
The three of us met up at Unparalled to do the snatch complex and double-under/burpee WODs.  When I woke up, I wasn't sore from the run at all.  I kept thinking that I should have done the full run with the boys.  We started with the snatch complex:
  • Snatch Deadlift x 1
  • Power Snatch x 1
  • Overhead Squat x 1
  • Snatch x 1
15-25-30(F) *Weights were in kg.
The last lift felt really heavy.  I noticed with the athletes at the games, they power snatched then squatted.  I wanted to go right into a squat.
We didn't take much of a break after the complex.  The boys went right into it while I timed them.  I guess I got a little more of a break.
For time (10 minute time cap):
  • 50 Double-unders
  • 10 Burpees
  • 40 Double-unders
  • 10 Burpees
  • 30 Double-unders
  • 10 Burpees
  • 20 Double-unders
  • 10 Burpees
  • 10 Double-unders
  • 10 Burpees
9:58*
The time cap was 10 minutes and I barely made it.  I used "the magic" rope for the first 50 DUs but the rope was too heavy I switched to the speed rope set to Paul's height.  Other than the fact that my right arm has many slashes, that was a great idea in my opinion.  It was a little long but I was actually able to use it.  I haven't done double-unders for at least a month and I was a little nervous.  I'll have to start using my speed rope more often now.

No comments:

Post a Comment