Sunday, October 24, 2010

This is for you Tyler!

It's been quite a while since I've blogged. I dropped Paul off at Tyler's for the usual UFC night (checkout the posts on here and Tyler said I should start blogging again because my blog was at the very bottom of his fitness blog. So here I am on my new iPhone 4, work computers blocked blogspot, with an update. I'll try to make it short. :)

My last post was in June. A lot sure has happened since then but the main reason I haven't been blogging is because I suffered from a back injury that has kept from the gym for many weeks. It was from a 95lbs clean. Things just haven't been the same but my last massage seemed to have helped...a lot!

I am doing exercises I couldn't do for a while after the injury. I did a deadlift/toes to bar WOD that gave me muscle soreness not pain. I'm happy things are starting to look up. I've attempted a couple 45lb cleans but the back just isn't ready...yet. It will be though!

As for diet, Paul and I went on Paleo for the month of October, GROKtober! It was more Primal because we incorporated dairy this time. I don't know if it's because we kept dairy in the diet but I didn't have the slump that I had when we did this in January. I felt like having some bread once and that was only a couple days ago. I didn't realize October is almost done. It is definitely easier the second time. I started with a weight of 123. I weighed myself the other day after a shower and I was surprised to see I was down to 119! Geez! It could very well be loss of muscle weight too. When Groktober started, I wad back at CFR about two to three times a week. I took it easy with a lot of the workouts but I'm coming back slowly. Feeling strong in some areas but definitely going to keep it slow.

I realized how much I missed exercise when my mood changed. I felt down a lot, felt weak and just couldn't sleep. Also with the combination of working shift work doesn't make you a happy person. I feel I need a little time off work to get my mind back on track. Get my priorities straight.

I can't see how long this post is. Hopefully I haven't lost anyone with all this babbling. :).

I will mention a few things that I have done in these past few months: I am now a CrossFit Level 1 certified trainer; I participated in the Saskatchewan CrossFir Games Challenge; I attended the Ido Portal workshop at Flux CrossFit (great workshop! He'll be back in January!); and I can't think of anything else right now. Give me a break, I've been up for over 20 hours.

I just want to give a shout out to Paul. I know I haven't been a pleasant person to be around lately but I want to thank you for bearing with me. You are so supportive and try so hard to cheer me up. It may seem like I don't appreciate it but I really do. I'm happy to have you in my life. You're the best! :D

Also a very quick shout out to everyone else. I'm not going to mention any names but you know who you are. You all have helped me out so much.

Yeah, I got a little girly there. I get that way. :)

That is all for now. Stay tuned for more.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Julie. I am sorry I didn't realize your injury was holding you back so much. Maybe we'll see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm glad to have your blog back in my life.

    See, I can be a little girly, too.

    ReplyDelete