Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fresh Start...


I have been slacking on my workouts lately. I went from going 3-5 times a week to once maybe twice a week. I don't know why I have been missing so much CrossFit lately. Could it be I have lost the drive to stay healthy and in shape? Have I lost my spirits? Am I really just that lazy?

The answer is yes! I have been feeling this way for a couple months and I can't (or won't) give a definite reason why. All I know is it has to stop! I keep trying to blame it on something. Whether it be "I'm on nights right now. I have no energy so I won't even bother" or "I'm out of town, I won't have time" and "I'm too sore from the last workout. I'll take another day of rest." No more of that! There is always time for a 20 minute workout. I even have bodyweight workouts that I can do when I really don't have time to go to CFR. Most of the ones I have don't need much space and take no more than 10 minutes. No more, "I don't have time" excuse!

The times I have worked out, I was not happy with my results. Not even a little bit. I knew I could do more but wouldn't want to or I kept telling myself, "take it easy, you're just starting up again."  I felt I was always trying to take it easy because I really would be starting up again. A workout once a week is not what I'm used to. I need to push myself. I need more motivation! What's more motivating that wanting to be healthy and in shape?

I was on nights from Sunday to Saturday morning. I went back on the paleo diet on Monday. In January, I started paleo when I was on nights and I decided to start on nights again. So far so good. I haven't had any cravings. When I was off paleo, I would eat a lot of sandwiches. These sandwiches always had too much bread and I started to get sick of it. I thought, "this is the best time to get back on the wagon!" Bread was always the biggest weakness on the diet.

I've been reading a lot of posts on Mark's Daily Apple (MDA) and Whole9. Both have great information and recipes. My first paleo meal was a BEAT salad from MDA. It was awesome! Definitely a keeper in my regular rotation. I also made a batch of chili. I found out not too long ago that real chili has no beans in it (beans are not on the list of paleo foods). It's just meat, peppers and spices. I really enjoy chili so I was very happy when I heard this.

So starting either tomorrow or Monday, I'm going hard! No more excuses! Well just one, I have a double header of ultimate on Monday. I don't think it'll be wise to do the WOD then go play a double header.

Have to live up to my blog title!

GOTTA GET "GHETTO" TOUGH!!

1 comment: