Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thrusterific...No...Thrustorrific

I think I do prefer the second title KimFly came up with instead of the original.  We started out with the sets of 3-3-3-1-1-1 power cleans.  Since CFR is incorporating strength days into their program, I have avoided the olympic lifts because of my back.  I would opt for the alternative full metcon rather than strength and half metcon.  I had a change of heart for Monday's WOD...
Pictured: Annie (not me)
The full met-con on Monday was 100 thrusters for time (95/65).  To some it may not seem that bad but with this one you had to do 1 round of Cindy every time you rested (except in rack position) with the bar.  I'm not a big fan of thrusters.  65 lbs is such a challenge for me.

So I decided to do the power cleans.  First time in over a month. CFR had a Fight Gone Bad fundraiser on Sunday.  After the workout, I wanted to see how my clean felt.  I grabbed 55lbs and did a power clean.  It felt great.  No pain at all.  So the numbers I used yesterday were 55 for 3s and 85 for singles.  I knew I could do more than that but I didn't want to push it.  Finished the strength with no pain.  I was pretty happy.  Then came the metcon...

Our metcon was 50 thrusters with the same rules.  I was hoping to do sets of 10 and 4 rounds of Cindy.  Yep, that didn't happen.  I got the first 10 but then it just went downhill from there.  I lost control on my second set of thrusters and ended up with only 3.  I had to do a total of 7 rounds of Cindy.  I thought Cindy was the easier part of the metcon.  Those thrusters just wore me out.  As it should, I'm using over half my body weight and am not at the physical condition I was at.  I was able to do all of my pull-ups unbroken.

I wanted to quit.  25 minutes had passed and tt felt like the thrusters were never going to end.  I felt I couldn't quit.  I had people (JenW, Aaron, Gerald, BradFo Sho, Leya, Harlan, Carla, Alana and Darren) cheering me on.  I'm so glad they were there to push me. With my last thruster being a struggle to lock out, I did it.  Sure, it was a slow time (34:04*) but I finished it as rx'd.  This WOD was probably a true test to see how my back is doing.  After the workout and working all night...it feels great.  It's sore but I'm not feeling pain.  I'm still going to take it slow but I can't wait to do more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment