Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pre and Post Saskatchewan CrossFit Challenge

So it's been a while since I've updated the blog.  The last post I had was about the two-a-day...
There aren't too many workouts to update on before I competed in the competition.  I worked out once when I was on my set of nights and two more times when I was off.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010:

"Cindy"
AMRAP in 20 minutes:
  • 5 Pull-ups
  • 10 Push-ups
  • 15 Squats
9 rounds + 5 pull-ups + 2 push-ups
1K run - 5:55

I really wanted to break 10 rounds but I wasn't feeling it that day.  I just finished my first night and did not feel good.  I didn't sleep very well during my set so I decided to just take the week off except for Thursday.  Played ultimate with Panelwood, 3-13 loss.  It was our first game in tier 2 and we were still working out the rust.  Nice day for ultimate.

I started the hundred push-up program again.  I have a few people from CFR in as well: Robin, Kim Fly, Aimee, Nicole and Dana (I'm sorry if I missed anyone).  I did my max (May 16) Sunday evening.  I told Paul what the conditions were: chest to floor, no snaking or piking, no using knees to come up, you can rest at the top but have to be in a plank position.  I got a max of 22.


Monday, May 17:

Day 1 of week 1 push-up challenge
Burpee Sprints:
30 secs x 5; 4 minute rest between sets
10-11-10-10-12 *I did the first 4 sets as strict and tried the speed (lazy) burpees for the last set.

For time:
100 Wall Ball - 9'
13:04

I don't like wall ball.  That's all I have to say.


Had an ultimate game with Misled Youth.  We won our first game! Yay!  We were down 1-5 and came back to win 13-6.  It was a great time.


Tuesday, May 18:

3 rounds for time:
  • 5 Muscle-ups - sub 1 MU = 4 Pull-ups + 4 Ring Dips
  • 10 Power Cleans - 95lbs
  • 220m Run
37:20
Kim Fly did a great job on this workout.  She actually did all 5 rounds. So proud of her.  She has so much potential and is progressing so well.  I can't wait to see her in a competition.  I only did day 2 of week 1 of the push-up challenge on Wednesday then I took the week off because of the spring challenge.
Saturday, May 22:
Three WODs in one day!  So nervous and excited.
WOD #1:
4 attempts at a bottoms up Back Squat, followed by one attempt at max Push-ups
135lbs
26

These back squats sure were different but good different.  It was a good idea to bring in something that no one as done before.

WOD #2:
"Pull Through"
For time:
  • 30 Ring Rows
Then 21-15-9 reps of:
  • Power Snatch - 55lbs
  • Row for Calories
13:19


I thought this WOD was going to really work my upper body, but at the end, it was my legs that were burning.  The row was the worst part for me.  Rowing has never been my strongest area but then again I don't have many strong areas.  :)

WOD #3:
"Rain or Shine"
3 rounds for time:

  • 400m Run
  • 20 Push Press/Jerk - 65lbs
  • 20 Box Jumps - 20"
20:00 *Missed two box jumps

I don't think I did any push presses.  I push jerked the entire workout.  Sure is heavy after doing two workouts.  Biggest mistake in this workout: walking during the final run.  Oh well, I know for next time.

Final placing - 14th


I'm pretty happy with my result.  It was my first time competing and I hadn't really been working out as much as I should be.  I still haven't decided whether or not I'll compete in October in Saskatoon. I'll be there for sure to watch.  It's a great place to be.  I loved every minute of this competition.  Best part of the day was when the entire gym counted Brad's final set of box jumps in unison.  I may have teared up... :)

Monday, May 24:
Day 3 of week 1 push-up challenge
Misled Youth Ultimate
7-9 loss

I am currently getting ready to go to Okotoks for the CrossFit Games Canadian Regionals.  After our competition on Saturday, I have become more and more excited to go.  I'm about to watch the best in Canada compete.  It's going to be a great time.  I can't wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun out there. Walking is almost always a mistake:)

    ReplyDelete