Sunday, May 9, 2010

CFR 2-A-Day - "Newport Crippler" & OPT 100501

I was finally able to go to one of CFR's 2-A-Day workouts...
9AM:
"Newport Crippler"
  • 30 Bodyweight Back Squats - subbed for 40 @ 95lbs
  • 1 mile Run
16:00

I didn't feel confident in doing the WOD as rx'd so I opted to do 40 reps at a lower weight. We determined the weight by multiplying our bodyweight by 30 and dividing by 40. I had no problems doing the workout in my Vibrams. Except when I was running on one of the streets. There were so many pebbles. I had to slow down a lot because it was hurting my feet. My back was still a little sore from the DL/PU WOD on Wednesday. It felt the worse during the last 200m of the run.

11AM:
From OPT blog 100501:
3 rounds for time:
  • 12 Power Snatch - 65lbs
  • 12 Speed Burpees
  • 12 Box Jumps - 30"
16:36
The power snatches were the hardest part for me in the workout. Burpees, not speed burpees, were the easiest. I thought the 30" box jumps were going to be the hardest part for me. Before the workout started, I tried just stepping up on the 30" box. I couldn't do it without using my hands. I was actually able to jump on and jump off more than once. I was able to keep a rhythm. Sure, the most reps I did was maybe 5 but I'm still happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment