Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First Ultimate Game & DL/PU WOD

Had my first ultimate game of the season on Monday...
Almost didn't play because my legs were pretty sore after three days of CrossFit. I decided it would be good to play because it might loosen up my legs. I'm sure glad I played. It really did loosen me up.

It was a decent day. Kind of cloudy but still good for ultimate. After nine years together, my former team, Orgasmic Bananas, folded this year. Very sad, yes. However, I am now playing on a new tier 1 team, Mislead Youth led by my buddy, Jon, a former Banana. He got together a bunch of the junior players and asked me to play. I usually play as a handler on the field. I'm not much of a runner anymore.

We played the provincial champs, Drunk Right Now. We may have lost but I do have to say, these are a great group of kids. Great listeners and great attitudes. We are all just learning to play together and I think we did a great job. There is a lot of potential and I'm very excited for this season.

I did the CFR Monday WOD today. I wanted to compare my time from September 2009 (25:20) but instead of doing knee push-ups, did standard push-ups.
10 rounds for time:
  • 15 Deadlifts - 95lbs
  • 15 Push-ups
34:06*
So yeah...I didn't beat my old time. I kept track of my time for 6 rounds (14:32*) because that is what ComTeam did. Deadlifts were no problem but those last rounds of PUs were just brutal. My final two PUs took me two minutes because I kept failing. Crappy time but I did my best to keep those push-ups as standard as I could. Therefore, I'm content with it. That's all that matters anyways, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment